The Environmental and Natural Resources CDE is a judging event that is designed to foster cooperation and teamwork and provide a natural resource education experience for participants. The event is organized by the University of Idaho Rangeland Center, in cooperation with the College of Natural Resources and the College of Agricultural & Life Sciences, who make these study materials available. The purpose of this event is to promote natural resource education in a manner that succeeding generations will be more environmentally literate, with the skills and knowledge to make informed decisions regarding the environment.
The Idaho contest consists of these elements:
1. Objective Written Exam
2. Identification of Material
3. Individual Practicums:
- Environmental Analysis
- GPS Location
- Water Analysis (even years)
- Soil Nutrient Test (odd years)
Participants will demonstrate their knowledge of:
- The effect individual actions have on environmental problems.
- The interactions and interdependencies of our environment.
- Current environmental issues.
- The agencies available to assist in resource protection matters.
- The need to become environmentally aware and action oriented adults.